Together We Can Build Safe, Healthy, Active Communities
The following is a brief outline of the key motions for which I was responsible for introducing at Regional Council and the Board of Police Commission. I also want to share with you my priorities for the next four years.
Priorities for the next Four Years
- Protect the health of our Dartmouth Lakes
- Make transit more reliable in Burnside, Dartmouth Crossing and across Dartmouth
- Continue to implement practices and projects which will promote environmental sustainability
- Improve our Access-A-Bus Service
- Work with police & community to re-imagine HRP & RCMP police services
- Ensure good development practices are followed by the proposed Port Wallace Development Project
- Increase resources & funding for Traffic Calming programs
- Implement action items for the Wortley report & Cornwallis Task Force
- Continue to advocate for our Public Safety Strategy
- Help businesses recover from the impact of COVID-19
Actions Needed from the Province
- Permit HRM to reduce the speed limit on our streets.
- Implement Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR). This is a new recycling model that makes manufacturers, rather than taxpayers, responsible for processing products at end of life.
- Allow permanent residents to vote in Municipal Elections.
Advocate and Support
- Low Income Bus Pass
- Senior Snow Removal
- Free Senior Skating
- Mental Health Support for Fire & Police
- Ridesharing Uber & Lyft
- Red Tape Reduction
- Protecting the lands of Blue Mountain Birch Cove & the Backlands of Purcell’s Cove
- Supplementary Funding for Fine Arts
- Reinstate monitoring & sampling program for Dartmouth Lakes
- Ban single-use plastic bags
- Upgrade Code of Conduct using an external consultant
- Pilot program for body worn video for HRP & RCMP
- Exempt municipal fees related to construction for residential developments by registered non-profit organizations or charities